Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Network Administrator
This position will occasionally interact with Supervisors/Managers, customers, and/or functional peer group Engineers, normally involving matters between functional areas, or other company divisions or units. Often must participatein cross functional support teams. Must have a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and communicate in English effectively through voice and email.
This position must possess good network troubleshooting and impact assessment skills. Must have experience in configuration and troubleshooting of the following equipment/systems:
- HP or Cisco routers and switches
- HP or Cisco Firewalls
- HP or Cisco Load Balancers
- Experience with WAN Optimization devices is desired (Cisco, Riverbed, etc.)
May perform or participate in projects involving on one or more of the following:
- Manage the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of the organization?s local area network systems
- Manages the installation, maintenance, and monitoring of the organizations wide area network systems
- Assist in the development and evaluation of network performance criteria and measurement methods
- Participate in the testing and analysis of all components of network facilities to ensure operational status
- Identify network problems and work to resolution of the problem
CCNA Certification is desired.
Previous experience with ITIL competencies is desirable.
Research root cause of problems and escalate to engineering and vendor support as necessary
Manage problem and service tickets ensuring timely resolution to meet Service Level Agreements
Lead and participate on special projects.
The individual must be able to analyze situations and problems to determine how to resolve problems and the root cause of these problems. The individual will also be responsible for following change control procedures to plan/test/implement Infrastructure changes in coordination with business owners. This position will require an individual who is a self-starter, detail oriented, and has the ability to work with little or no supervision. Excellent verbal/written communication is a must. This position does require providing support after hours and during weekends, on a rotational-basis.